Author Topic: [MSFS] TGPY Scenery issue  (Read 1503 times)

MCflyer

TGPY Scenery issue
« on: October 10, 2022, 02:05:05 PM »
Hi,

I seem to be experiencing an issue with the TGPY scenery. When loading MSFS at TGPY, the scenery loads perfectly, however, if I fly to the airport from Miami for example, the TGPY scenery does not show at all. Any ideas on why this is happening?

Offline FAS

• Administrator
  • Final Approach Simulations Team
Re: TGPY Scenery issue
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2022, 07:06:45 PM »
Hi,

I seem to be experiencing an issue with the TGPY scenery. When loading MSFS at TGPY, the scenery loads perfectly, however, if I fly to the airport from Miami for example, the TGPY scenery does not show at all. Any ideas on why this is happening?

Hello,

Do you know if this issue appears at the other airports in the scenery package? While we've not had this reported before, it seems others with this problem in the flight simulator forums report it appears to happen after Sim Update 10 to different addon sceneries when certain addons are run. This is the thread where that information was reported.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/scenery-and-airport-not-loading-at-arrival/540758/10

Do you have any addons such as live traffic or GSX?

MCflyer

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2022, 05:52:37 AM »
I use traffic programs like AIG and FSLTL. I am also using GSX Pro. I will check to see if this occurs with other airports in the package.

MCflyer

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2022, 01:57:40 PM »
I just did another test flight from KMIA to TGPY without any traffic programs and everything is fine. It seems like the issue reported by other users is affecting this scenery product.

Offline FAS

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2022, 06:19:00 PM »
I just did another test flight from KMIA to TGPY without any traffic programs and everything is fine. It seems like the issue reported by other users is affecting this scenery product.

Alright, thanks for the information. It seems to be an issue with the amount of objects the sim needs to load when traffic programs and GSX are running, and causing it not to load scenery. Since the cause is from third-party addons that were released after the scenery, we don't have a method of fixing it at the moment, but I would try turning down scenery and traffic settings to a lower level until it can be fixed in either a sim update or by the developers of those programs.

MCflyer

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2022, 11:52:02 AM »
Thanks for the info. 

By the way, are there plans to continue updating this scenery? In particular, there are some terrain features missing for the TGPY airport, and some aspects of the terminal building are not quite accurate. If you would like some additional photos, I can send you some to improve that accuracy. Perhaps I can email them to you if you wish.

Offline FAS

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2022, 07:17:51 PM »
Thanks for the info.

By the way, are there plans to continue updating this scenery? In particular, there are some terrain features missing for the TGPY airport, and some aspects of the terminal building are not quite accurate. If you would like some additional photos, I can send you some to improve that accuracy. Perhaps I can email them to you if you wish.

Yes, we do periodic updates. Feel free to send those photos to support@finalapproachsim.com.

MCflyer

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2022, 07:56:20 PM »
Sure, I will send some photos as soon as I can. 

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 360 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

[MSFS] TGPY Scenery issue" /> Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:

Please read the rules before you post!