Author Topic: [MSFS] TTPP Gates are not correctly placed in scenery.  (Read 1335 times)

Offline lftt205

• My OS: Windows 10
  • Products installed: TTPP/TTCP/TGPY Caribbean Airports
TTPP Gates are not correctly placed in scenery.
« on: April 08, 2023, 01:08:25 PM »
The gates for this airport are not correctly placed and further the downloaded scenery has not replaced the MSFS standard scenery. The jetways for the gates start at gate 1, as it is now there is no jetway for gate 1 nor gate 3. 

Is there a fix for this or has the scenery being wrongly installed, it was installed via the MSFS Market place?

Your attention in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Offline FAS

• Administrator
  • Final Approach Simulations Team
Re: TTPP Gates are not correctly placed in scenery.
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2023, 01:42:02 AM »
The gates for this airport are not correctly placed and further the downloaded scenery has not replaced the MSFS standard scenery. The jetways for the gates start at gate 1, as it is now there is no jetway for gate 1 nor gate 3.

Is there a fix for this or has the scenery being wrongly installed, it was installed via the MSFS Market place?

Your attention in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Sometimes sceneries installed from the MSFS marketplace do not load correctly on first startup, which causes the addon scenery to overlap with default. Usually, uninstalling/reinstalling again, then closing and reopening flight simulator will fix the issue.

?

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2023, 01:55:14 PM »
Many thanks for your response, I will now give that a try to see if it resolves the issue.

Best regards

Offline lftt205

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2023, 02:21:33 PM »
Sometimes sceneries installed from the MSFS marketplace do not load correctly on first startup, which causes the addon scenery to overlap with default. Usually, uninstalling/reinstalling again, then closing and reopening flight simulator will fix the issue.
Dear Sirs,

I have tried what you suggested and still no joy. Is there anything else that can be tried?? Please see photos taken, the second shows a doubling of the gates.

Offline FAS

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2023, 11:16:44 PM »
Dear Sirs,

I have tried what you suggested and still no joy. Is there anything else that can be tried?? Please see photos taken, the second shows a doubling of the gates.

For now I would try uninstalling the scenery, restarting MSFS, and then reinstalling it again. Those jetways looks different from the default ones, do you know if you may possibly have any addons that might be conflicting with it? 

Offline lftt205

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2023, 11:47:42 AM »
Hello, 
Many thanks for getting back to me, to answer your question and the gates, yes I am running GSX Pro which has Gsx world of jetways, could that then be the conflict? I will uninstall GSX and see if the sceanery shows up correctly, if it does it means that these two items would not work play well.

Offline FAS

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2023, 02:10:17 PM »
Hello,
Many thanks for getting back to me, to answer your question and the gates, yes I am running GSX Pro which has Gsx world of jetways, could that then be the conflict? I will uninstall GSX and see if the sceanery shows up correctly, if it does it means that these two items would not work play well.

I don't think you have to uninstall GSX, looking at their manual, it seems they have a built in feature to disable duplicate jetways at any chosen airport.

https://www.virtualisoftware.com/update/setup/fsdtroot/couatl/GSX/GSX_manual_MSFS.pdf

On page 7 of the manual:

Jetway Replacements and 3rd party airports

Since GSX doesn't change the default Asobo model, it won't affect 3rd party airports, regardless if they use the default model or a custom model.

HOWEVER, the Jetway replacement .BGL from FSDT will likely get an higher priority over other sceneries, so if you want to prevent GSX Jetways to show at 3rd party airports, the Config option in the FSDT Installer has a page that allows you to Exclude specific airports from the replacement set.

The page presents two lists, 'Enabled' on the left, and 'Disabled' on the right, showing which airports are active for Jetway replacement and which are Disabled, showing the Jetway the airport originally came with.

You can scroll the list, or just search for an ICAO, by typing something in the 'Search Pattern' text field, to quickly find a specific airport in the list of 900+ that have Jetways in the default database. To disable an airport, double-click on its name in the 'Enabled' list, which will move it to the 'Disabled' list, or click the button with the > sign.

This sounds like it might be the solution to the problem. Try the steps on that page and see if it removes the duplicate jetway.

Offline lftt205

We have Joy here, that did the trick! Had to place the TTPP bgl file in the exception list in GSX Pro. 

Thanks again for your response and support, this is considered SOLVED!!

Offline FAS

• Administrator
We have Joy here, that did the trick! Had to place the TTPP bgl file in the exception list in GSX Pro.

Thanks again for your response and support, this is considered SOLVED!!

Great, glad to hear that worked!

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 360 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

[MSFS] TTPP Gates are not correctly placed in scenery." /> Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:

Please read the rules before you post!