Author Topic: [Prepar3D v5] Missing Jetways  (Read 1453 times)

Offline Dreamflight767

• My OS: Windows 10
Missing Jetways
« on: July 04, 2022, 08:58:06 PM »
Hello:
I just installed this product into P3Dv5.3 w/ GSX.
I am missing jetways at certain parking locations.
Thanks you.

Offline Dreamflight767

Re: Missing Jetways
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2022, 09:01:08 PM »
Here's another picture.

Offline Dreamflight767

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2022, 09:29:16 PM »
I just noticed there might be 2 .bgl mkjs & mkjs1 files in the scenery folder.  I don't think GSX knows which one to use and I'm not sure which one to remove.  
Thanks.

Offline FAS

• Administrator
  • Final Approach Simulations Team
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2022, 12:52:44 AM »
Thanks for reporting this,

This appears to be caused by the way GSX disables the default jetway model. The static aircraft use a non-animated jetway with the same GUID, but GSX disables them and does not replace with its own jetways. A fix is being developed for that right away, and should be out this week. Alternatively, you can also open the FSDT GSX Control Panel and click "Restore default jetways" under Prepar3D v5, which will change all jetways in the sim back to default and allow all the ones at MKJS to appear properly when static aircraft are enabled.
The two configuration ini files are fine, only one should activate depending on which static aircraft option was chosen at installation.

Offline Dreamflight767

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2022, 08:43:19 PM »
Thanks for this.  I'll wait for the update.  If I set default jetways in GSX, I get duplicate jetways at other add-on airports. 

Offline FAS

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2022, 01:29:52 PM »
Hello, this is a workaround you can use. The file is attached below, and place it in your \Final Approach Simulations\Caribbean Airports MKJS\scenery folder, replacing the existing file. This should allow GSX to display jetways in those locations where static aircraft are present. You may possibly need to edit the jetway liveries in the GSX airport editor, as they seem to be random each time the airport is loaded. Since it's not a perfect solution yet, it won't be included in an update when you install the scenery, but you can always refer back to this thread for the custom file.

GSX completely removes the jetways with no associated gate, which is the case for the gates occupied by static aircraft. To work around this, this file adds gates where the static aircraft are positioned. They are labeled as "RAMP MIL COMBAT" parking, so be sure not to select any of those locations when starting at MKJS. Most AI traffic programs shouldn't have aircraft spawning in "RAMP MIL COMBAT" gates, but that could be a possibility if they are not programed to avoid those spots, which would result in aircraft spawning on top of static aircraft.

Offline Dreamflight767

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2022, 01:18:45 AM »
Hello, this is a workaround you can use. The file is attached below, and place it in your \Final Approach Simulations\Caribbean Airports MKJS\scenery folder, replacing the existing file. This should allow GSX to display jetways in those locations where static aircraft are present. You may possibly need to edit the jetway liveries in the GSX airport editor, as they seem to be random each time the airport is loaded. Since it's not a perfect solution yet, it won't be included in an update when you install the scenery, but you can always refer back to this thread for the custom file.

GSX completely removes the jetways with no associated gate, which is the case for the gates occupied by static aircraft. To work around this, this file adds gates where the static aircraft are positioned. They are labeled as "RAMP MIL COMBAT" parking, so be sure not to select any of those locations when starting at MKJS. Most AI traffic programs shouldn't have aircraft spawning in "RAMP MIL COMBAT" gates, but that could be a possibility if they are not programed to avoid those spots, which would result in aircraft spawning on top of static aircraft.

Thanks!  It will be a few days before I can try.

Offline Dreamflight767

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2022, 02:00:30 AM »

This fixed the issue.  Thank you for your quick attention.  Now off to Jamaica!  

Offline FAS

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2022, 11:05:48 PM »
Great to hear!

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 360 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

[Prepar3D v5] Missing Jetways" /> Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:

Please read the rules before you post!