Author Topic: [Prepar3D v5] Great prodcut, looking forward to version 2 or betetr.  (Read 1356 times)

Offline belowtheline

• My OS: Other
  • Products installed: MKJS
Great prodcut, looking forward to version 2 or betetr.
« on: October 02, 2022, 12:39:22 AM »
I purchased this product from Simmarket a few hours ago, job well done. However, how does GSX work here? I am trying to get my jetways to animate but to no avail.

Based on my SODE/jetway settings for my traffic, they move to and from other planes except my own.

Offline FAS

• Administrator
  • Final Approach Simulations Team
Re: Great prodcut, looking forward to version 2 or betetr.
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2022, 01:41:12 PM »
I purchased this product from Simmarket a few hours ago, job well done. However, how does GSX work here? I am trying to get my jetways to animate but to no avail.

Based on my SODE/jetway settings for my traffic, they move to and from other planes except my own.

GSX should function normally with the scenery (if you chose not to include static aircraft at main terminals during installation). In the P3D Add-ons menu on the top menu bar, can you try selecting "Couatl settings"→"Restart Couatl and rebuild airport cache" to see if that fixes the jetway issues with GSX?

Thanks

Offline belowtheline

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2022, 11:16:13 PM »
Greetings,
I've done so several times but no matter the equipment, the jetbridges do not move. & yes, I choose the option of no static aircraft as I am currently using active traffic for my simulation.

Is there a manual GSX file that I can install separately or a SODE file?

Offline FAS

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2022, 12:51:01 AM »
Greetings,
I've done so several times but no matter the equipment, the jetbridges do not move. & yes, I choose the option of no static aircraft as I am currently using active traffic for my simulation.

Is there a manual GSX file that I can install separately or a SODE file?

Yes, the manual GSX file is mkjs.ini, located in the Final Approach Simulations\Caribbean Airports MKJS\Scenery folder, though normally GSX is supposed to automatically read any files in the scenery folder and use them as the active configuration. Do you happen to know if the default jetbridges at the airport work when GSX is not enabled?

Offline belowtheline

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2022, 04:03:51 PM »
Heyah,
They animate and move to the traffic that flies into the airport. Just not my aircraft nor any of the equipment I put into the airport,.. & somehow as of yesterday after doing a MKJP to MKJS flight, the approach was awesome until I landed. The runway elevation was below the messh ~ YIKES.. lol

Offline FAS

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2022, 12:20:16 AM »
Heyah,
They animate and move to the traffic that flies into the airport. Just not my aircraft nor any of the equipment I put into the airport,.. & somehow as of yesterday after doing a MKJP to MKJS flight, the approach was awesome until I landed. The runway elevation was below the messh ~ YIKES.. lol

Do you have Orbx or another terrain program installed? For some reason, Orbx has sometimes caused that issue with MKJS, it appears to conflict with elevation profiles set for the airport in our scenery.

Offline belowtheline

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2022, 02:05:29 AM »
Do you have Orbx or another terrain program installed? For some reason, Orbx has sometimes caused that issue with MKJS, it appears to conflict with elevation profiles set for the airport in our scenery.

I do use ORBX & somehow it seems to have corrected itself. However, I still have the GSX issue.A complete uninstall and re-install was executed and the problem still occurs.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 360 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

[Prepar3D v5] Great prodcut, looking forward to version 2 or betetr." /> Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:

Please read the rules before you post!