Author Topic: [Prepar3D v1] P3d V3 Elevation problems at CYTZ  (Read 11305 times)

Offline vadermike

• My OS: Windows 8
  • Products installed: cytz
P3d V3 Elevation problems at CYTZ
« on: January 16, 2016, 07:29:20 AM »
My specs
  • windows 8.1
  • P3d V3.1
  • CYTZ scenery installed (and no other addons installed)
  • quad core Alienware 3.6Ghz
  • Nvidia 780 GTX
  • 16 Gigs Ram
  • 500G ssd hard drive
My Problem
In P3d, the elevation of the addon CYTZ is wrong. It makes my plane appear about 20 feet below ground. I can even see my plane in spot view, and when I am in cockpit view it is looking as if I am under the ground. Even the yellow progressive taxi markings are above my windshield. IT looks like the altitude elevation of this scenery is different than that of P3D elevation, and the new elevation is not being recognized by p3d. If I disable the CYTZ scenery (in the library), then the proper elevation is restored, and my plane sits correctly on the ground. But of course I loose all the good scenery that the CYTZ package has do offer, with it being disabled. However taxing, landing and seeing the various buildings 20feet below ground is not an option. Please fix. Thanks

Offline FAS

• Administrator
  • Final Approach Simulations Team
Re: P3d V3 Elevation problems at CYTZ
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2016, 11:17:51 AM »
Could you provide a screenshot, one of your aircraft in cockpit view, and one with your aircraft on approach?

CYTZ is for Prepar3D v1.4, as it says on the product page. It hasn't been tested for v3 yet. However, I might be able to provide a fix if I can see the problem.

Offline vadermike

• My OS: Windows 8
  • Products installed: cytz
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2016, 04:43:54 PM »
Thanks for your offer to help FAS.
I ended up getting it working on my own. (I can confirm it does work in P3D V3).
Here is what I did to resolve the issue (in case anyone sees this thread and  has the same problem).
- Go to CYTZ disable the scenery in scenery library, so default airport is shown.
- You should now be at normal elevation with no problems. Save the flight as default.
-Reboot computer
- launch p3d, you should now be at CYTZ with default scenery.
-enable addon in scenary library. you should now be at proper elevation, and no further problems have been seen so far for any subsequent reboots.

Offline FAS

• Administrator
  • Final Approach Simulations Team
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2016, 02:18:52 AM »
Glad to hear that you got it working!

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 360 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

[Prepar3D v1] P3d V3 Elevation problems at CYTZ " /> Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:

Please read the rules before you post!