Final Approach Simulations Support (Registration not required to post) > KEWR Newark Liberty Int'l Airport (MSFS, FSX, Prepar3D) Support

[FSX: Steam Edition] Scenery Directory Not Found

(1/2) > >>

Eric:
Recently purchased and installed KEWR scenery. I suspect the error described below is not particular to FA software, but I thought I'd ask since I don't know how to fix the error.
The problem: when I start FSX-Steam, an error message (see attached jpg). I click OK to dismiss the message and everything seems to work without problem. The KEWR scenery is operating.
Thanks for any assistance you can provide.

FAS:
Hello Eric,

Could you upload your scenery.cfg file? It is located in the folder:

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX-SE, if you have both versions of FSX installed. If not, the folder will be C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX

To access ProgramData, your computer needs to be set to show hidden folders. To do this, search for 'Folder Options' in the start menu, and click the 'folder options' results. In the window that opens. click the 'view' tab, and click 'Show hidden files, folders, and drives', then press OK.

Eric:
scenery.cfg as requested attached.

Thank you

FAS:
Try replacing your scenery.cfg file with this one. I left everything the same except gave it a slightly modified file path going off of the other scenery files you have. If it doesn't work, you can revert to the original one that you've uploaded here. 

Eric Dziura:
Your solution as provided did not work initially, but I modified the LOCAL variable to point to the location of the folder in question (USA Airports KEWR) and the problem was solved.
Thank you for the assist. One other question...
I'm pretty sure the files necessary for this piece of scenery are not located where the installer program directed me to put them (although the KEWR scenery seems to function anyway). Can you tell me where they are supposed to be if installed correctly for FSX-Steam?
Thanks again.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version