Author Topic: [FSX: Steam Edition] Scenery Directory Not Found  (Read 4514 times)

Eric

Scenery Directory Not Found
« on: July 06, 2017, 10:44:15 AM »
Recently purchased and installed KEWR scenery. I suspect the error described below is not particular to FA software, but I thought I'd ask since I don't know how to fix the error.
The problem: when I start FSX-Steam, an error message (see attached jpg). I click OK to dismiss the message and everything seems to work without problem. The KEWR scenery is operating.
Thanks for any assistance you can provide.

Offline FAS

• Administrator
  • Final Approach Simulations Team
Re: Scenery Directory Not Found
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2017, 11:38:05 AM »
Hello Eric,

Could you upload your scenery.cfg file? It is located in the folder:

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX-SE, if you have both versions of FSX installed. If not, the folder will be C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX

To access ProgramData, your computer needs to be set to show hidden folders. To do this, search for 'Folder Options' in the start menu, and click the 'folder options' results. In the window that opens. click the 'view' tab, and click 'Show hidden files, folders, and drives', then press OK.

Eric

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2017, 12:33:56 PM »
scenery.cfg as requested attached.

Thank you

Offline FAS

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2017, 02:49:15 PM »
Try replacing your scenery.cfg file with this one. I left everything the same except gave it a slightly modified file path going off of the other scenery files you have. If it doesn't work, you can revert to the original one that you've uploaded here. 

Eric Dziura

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2017, 07:35:21 PM »
Your solution as provided did not work initially, but I modified the LOCAL variable to point to the location of the folder in question (USA Airports KEWR) and the problem was solved.
Thank you for the assist. One other question...
I'm pretty sure the files necessary for this piece of scenery are not located where the installer program directed me to put them (although the KEWR scenery seems to function anyway). Can you tell me where they are supposed to be if installed correctly for FSX-Steam?
Thanks again.

Offline FAS

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2017, 08:50:03 PM »
Glad you got it fixed! The scenery should be located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\ on your system. In the FSX folder, there should be a 'Final Approach Simulations' folder containing USA Airports KEWR. When the installer asks for a location to put the scenery, the FSX folder should be selected. By default it will search for the older version of FSX if a directory is not selected.

Offline Streets

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2018, 06:54:59 AM »
Your Zippyloan solution as provided did not work initially, but I modified the LOCAL variable to point to the location of the folder in question (USA Airports KEWR) and the problem was solved.
Thank you for the assist. One other question...
I'm pretty sure the files necessary for this piece of scenery are not located where the installer program directed me to put them (although the KEWR scenery seems to function anyway). Can you tell me where they are supposed to be if installed correctly for FSX-Steam?
Thanks again.

Should you always be on top of that and keep updating the FSX or are older versions fine?
« Last Edit: December 13, 2022, 08:59:35 AM by Streets »

Offline FAS

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2018, 02:59:41 PM »
Should you always be on top of that and keep updating the FSX or are older versions fine?

Any version of FSX is fine. If you're using FSX standard edition, Final Approach Simulations products do require both SP1 and SP2 service packs to be installed.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 360 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

[FSX: Steam Edition] Scenery Directory Not Found" /> Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:

Please read the rules before you post!