Author Topic: [Prepar3D v3.4] Multiple gate numbers found  (Read 1969 times)

Stefan

Multiple gate numbers found
« on: April 28, 2021, 03:30:30 PM »
Dear FAS,

I recently gained a copy of your Newark Liberty Intl. scenery for P3D.
Let me first of all say that I really like the product and I appreciate very much that there are such available
even for users that (still) remain with 'older' platforms like P3Dv3.

I also went through the forums and found the topic or respectively the terminal file with excluded (standard) static jetways for those who would like to create a GSX lvl 2 configuration with the scenery.
So I also changed the file in my installation and stared to create my gsx setup.

However, during this I discovered that there are multiple gate numbers existing in the AFCAD file.
These are Gates A 23 (existing 2 times) and Gates A 26 (existing 3 times).

This causes problems with GSX setup.
GSX then only generates the objects and keeps the settings made on the last position that was used, so that the previous ones with identical numbers will be deleted and all of the objects (e.g. gsx jetways) that were created at that position(s) earlier before, simply disappear (again). That's because it is not possible to have different configurations with the same gate number in the corresponding gsx configuration file of an airport.

So my question is, if you see any chance to correct this and rename the multiple gate numbers.
Looking at actual charts you can see that in fact there are 'sister' gate numbers existing from Gate 23 to Gate 26 (each one also has a positon with an A-addition, like 23A).
But I don't believe that simulators allow gate codes like this, e.g. Gate A 23A.

Therefor I would also be happy with some kind of 'unrealistic' renaming of the 'sister gates', like Gate A 260 or simply Gate 26 (without 'A') of the respective gate positions.

Any kind of reaponse would much appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your support!

Br
Stefan

Offline FAS

• Administrator
  • Final Approach Simulations Team
Re: Multiple gate numbers found
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2021, 05:58:21 PM »
Hello Stefan,

Thank you for your comment. Indeed, there are some multiple gates with the same number, to reflect for example A 26a, A26b, and A 26c at the real airport. As you mentioned, adding a suffix is not possible in P3D, and shifting all the numbers at the airport to fit in alternate numbers would conflict with other terminals.

I can provide an alternative AFCAD file with different gate names for A23/A26. It sounds like you have the default configuration (without static aircraft at the terminals) so dropping the attached file below in your \Final Approach Simulations\USA Airports KEWR\Scenery\ folder should work. They've been changed to add a 0 or 1 at the end of duplicate numbers.

Can you try that and let me know if it fixes the GSX issues you're experimenting?

Stefan

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2021, 02:03:32 PM »
Yes, correct, it is default configuration I am using. Sorry that I forgot to mention.

Thanks for your reply which I fully understand, of course.

Thank you also very much for the modified AFCAD file.

This worked out, as expected and suggested.

I very happy with it.

Once again a big thanks for your kind an fast support!

Br
Stefan

Offline FAS

• Administrator
  • Final Approach Simulations Team
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2021, 04:31:57 PM »
Great, glad that worked! There might be a minor update to KEWR this year, which may overwrite the modified AFCAD. In that case, I can easily provide a fixed gate version again.

Best regards

Stefan

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2021, 03:48:49 PM »
Fantastic news!
I?m definitely looking forward to this.

Awesome offer.
Will let you know in case.

Br

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 360 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

[Prepar3D v3.4] Multiple gate numbers found" /> Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:

Please read the rules before you post!