Author Topic: [MSFS] 2 Small Requests (MSFS 2020)  (Read 2878 times)

Mike T

2 Small Requests (MSFS 2020)
« on: March 23, 2022, 04:59:41 PM »
When you update the KEWR scenery may I suggest:

1. Make removal of static aircraft an option (AIG is a reality now)
2. Make the AFD parking spaces its own BGL file so it can be edited. It doesn't appear that there is any parking designation to the current AFD.

Hopefully these are relatively "small" tasks to implement. 

Thanks!

Mike T.

Offline FAS

• Administrator
  • Final Approach Simulations Team
Re: 2 Small Requests (MSFS 2020)
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2022, 07:35:12 PM »
Hello Mike,
Thanks for the suggestions. Currently to remove static aircraft at gates, you will need to run the installer again and select the "Do not include stationary airliners at main terminals" option. You should not need to uninstall first, as the installer will overwrite previous files with the new setting. We might be able to add a user option to manually copy a different static aircraft configuration without needing to run the installer.
The parking configurations should be located in the file "KEWR-scene.bgl," though I'm not currently sure if there's a way to edit MSFS bgl files that have been compiled.

Mike T

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2022, 06:31:12 PM »
Thanks for the reply. I was thinking more in line with making ALL static aircraft removable including the statics in the overflow and especially in the cargo areas - not just removing static aircraft from the terminals. That way users who have AIG can remove all statics completely and those who still want static aircraft can have it, especially for the cargo areas.  Right now I see you still leave a lot of static aircraft around the airport even with the "statics off" option.
As far as editing the airport I'm sure you know that ADE 2020 Alpha can easily decompile and edit the parking spaces (I did it for JFK) and recompile the edited .bgl so you have correct parking and correct use of the runways.
Regards,

Mike

Offline FAS

• Administrator
  • Final Approach Simulations Team
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2022, 10:36:11 PM »
I see. That's correct, the static aircraft options are only for those at the terminals. Both options will include some at the cargo and remote parking areas. If there is a way to separate .BGLs with the MSFS SDK then we can implement a feature such as that.

We use the SDK scenery editor for projects, but if ADE can decompile parking spaces, the KEWR-scene.bgl file would be the one to edit.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 360 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

[MSFS] 2 Small Requests (MSFS 2020)" /> Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:

Please read the rules before you post!