Author Topic:  CYTZ RWY 26 ILS/DME approach  (Read 15235 times)

Offline jcallum

• My OS: Windows 7
  • Products installed: CYTZ
CYTZ RWY 26 ILS/DME approach
« on: February 16, 2015, 09:57:37 PM »
I am attempting to fly the above approach. The Navigraph database has the approach and when I tune the approach on the Nav radio it shows up  including the DME. However, it doesn't seem to pick up the localizer or glideslope. I think I ran makerunways.exe after installing the scenery. Could this be a problem with the airport scenery? Has anyone else attempted this approach with the final approach scenery?

John.

Offline FAS

• Administrator
  • Final Approach Simulations Team
Re: CYTZ RWY 26 ILS/DME approach
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2015, 07:27:09 PM »
Hello,

The default airport did not come with an approach to runway 26. One was not added to the addon scenery due to the lack of approach plates at the time (Approach plates for Canadian airports aren't easy to find). I will provide a patch that will add a runway 26 approach as soon as possible.

Thanks

Offline jcallum

• My OS: Windows 7
  • Products installed: CYTZ
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2015, 10:43:08 PM »
I have a copy of the approach plate if you can't find it. Let me know.
John.

Offline FAS

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2015, 06:43:13 PM »
Hi,

Thanks for offering. Don't worry, we have approach charts now. We will have the ILS/DME by tomorrow or Friday.

Offline UndeadFlare

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2015, 01:38:32 AM »
Do you like to help me out of the maze of meandering. Solve a ton in my head for the light to pass away.

Offline FAS

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2015, 04:24:08 PM »
Unfortunately, FSX is not making it possible to add an ILS. The default airport did not come with one and there are several more issues that arise when I attempt to add one. Sorry about that.

Offline FAS

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2015, 05:53:57 PM »
Do you like to help me out of the maze of meandering. Solve a ton in my head for the light to pass away.

Hi,

I don't understand what you mean by that. Can you add more details please?

Thanks

Offline Langlefler

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2015, 12:30:56 AM »
I agree with your idea.

Offline WillieZinn

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2015, 11:46:26 PM »
This is what I am looking for.

Ken Leedham

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2015, 02:02:15 PM »
I added the ILS approach for runway 26 based on a chart I have from 2008. I opened AF2_CYTZ_1.bgl in Airport Design Editor, added the ILS and an associated approach, then compiled the airport. The first time I did this, it did not work well, as it appeared that the logical airport that I had created was about 15 feet lower in altitude than all of the cosmetic scenery. In order to correct this, I found that I had to use the Change Airport Altitude function in ADE to change the altitude from 71.628 metres to 76.276 metres. Once I did this and recompiled the AFCAD file, the results was quite acceptable. The approach is flyable, ATC will give it to you (indeed they mostly do, as the prevailing wind is Westerly and this is the most commonly used approach - although that's the real-life reason, maybe not the FSX reason). Anyway, the approach works fine. And the airport seems to basically display fine. I'm not 100% sure that all of the surfaces are displaying as Final Approach intended. The markings in the parking areas etc. are all fine. But it seems maybe some areas around the runway are now displaying as concrete when perhaps they weren't before(?)
The bottom line is, you can add the ILS and approach by using ADE's 'Open Airport from BGL' option, then adding the ILS and recompiling, but you will have to take care of the altitude issue (ALT files get placed in World\Scenery). Of course, after you recompile the BGL, you need to deactivate the original version (rename it), then put your version into the CYTZ Scenery folder.

Offline FAS

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2015, 01:27:56 AM »
I added the ILS approach for runway 26 based on a chart I have from 2008. I opened AF2_CYTZ_1.bgl in Airport Design Editor, added the ILS and an associated approach, then compiled the airport. The first time I did this, it did not work well, as it appeared that the logical airport that I had created was about 15 feet lower in altitude than all of the cosmetic scenery. In order to correct this, I found that I had to use the Change Airport Altitude function in ADE to change the altitude from 71.628 metres to 76.276 metres. Once I did this and recompiled the AFCAD file, the results was quite acceptable. The approach is flyable, ATC will give it to you (indeed they mostly do, as the prevailing wind is Westerly and this is the most commonly used approach - although that's the real-life reason, maybe not the FSX reason). Anyway, the approach works fine. And the airport seems to basically display fine. I'm not 100% sure that all of the surfaces are displaying as Final Approach intended. The markings in the parking areas etc. are all fine. But it seems maybe some areas around the runway are now displaying as concrete when perhaps they weren't before(?)
The bottom line is, you can add the ILS and approach by using ADE's 'Open Airport from BGL' option, then adding the ILS and recompiling, but you will have to take care of the altitude issue (ALT files get placed in World\Scenery). Of course, after you recompile the BGL, you need to deactivate the original version (rename it), then put your version into the CYTZ Scenery folder.
Thanks for the tip! We will try to see if we can get that to work.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 360 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:

Please read the rules before you post!